Mindlessness -> Mindfulness



What happens when you have a long day ahead and literally nothing to do except flipping through pages of review copies of the books that you received earlier or watch a movie that you might have watched earlier, but thinking of watching again or maybe stay online on your social networks?
Well that’s my story. After completing my post graduation, all I am doing is reading novels, writing reviews, traveling to different places, watching movies that imdb.com shows as recommended movies on homepage and updating useless posts on my social networks. I am neither irritated nor bored with it, I kind of like this state, but there is sheer idleness that is really not my trait. So for the sake of my salvage from this joblessness I decided to do some meditation and calm my mind.
Often people think meditation is a state when we sit with blank mind, without any worries of hustle and bustle of life, feeling calmness that you never felt and a way to be closer to the divine. It’s true to an extent, but meditation is a way, and that way can lead to anything or anywhere, it’s on us to decide the destination. For me, Meditation is not sitting with blank mind; it’s full of awareness and emotions. One can see images of people, places from their past or present; they can feel a surge of sensation running through their body. It’s really not mindlessness; it’s more of Mindfulness, where you can know things that you never thought of.  
When your mind is already engaged with so many thoughts, there is no possibility that one can think of futile things that cause unnecessary fret. In such state you will be amazed to know that you are not even talking to yourself, a silence that you never sensed. We often wrap up in our own thoughts and don’t notice what’s going on around us, to unknown people around us, to our dear ones, to our own body. Meditation gives you an opportunity to achieve that serenity which can make you closer to Real You.    
After meditating for some time, you will feel your breath going down through your throat, and coming back from lungs. Heartbeats will clearly be heard and fringes of vivid, mostly symbolic and imaginary, memories. It’s not necessary to sit for a long period with closed eyes; one can meditate in any way he/she wants, even when you are reading a book, or listening to heavy metal songs, even watching a sunset, no limit. All you need to do is free your mind and feel the flow of synergy engulfing you.
I am feeling lighter, what about you?

AnSh :)

Comments

  1. I try but I cannot..
    I look forward to
    but I cannot look ahead..
    I want to
    But I cannot
    Meditate.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's most creative response I have ever got :)
      Thanks Priyanka :)

      Delete
  2. I used to meditate regularly. Now there never seems to be time. When I am far away from home, in another country, it comes naturally, every day is a meditation. I allow myself to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are occupied with so many things that we hardly find time for ourselves, and meditation is something that we do for our own.
      I agree with you, living through every day is a meditation itself :)

      Delete
  3. Just think of Gurudev :))Do Sudarshan Kriya :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite skeptic if anything like meditation exists. I'd need to find a path.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तेरे जाने का हुआ मुझ पर ऐसा असर,

Are We Connected: Diary pages #4: Harshita Shrivastava

Book Review: A Maverick Heart: Between Love And Life (Ravindra Shukla)