Are We Connected: Diary pages #4: Harshita Shrivastava


It is said that writers love their solitude and that’s the only reason why they write. Avid readers seldom realized their solitude, and when they do, a new writer is born. Today we have our fourth contributor in series “Are We Connected: Diary Pages”.
Harishta Shrivastava, another Engineer turned to a ‘Creator’, hailing from Kanpur, India. She is pursuing Mechanical Engineering, but has an inclination towards the creative world. Hence she is now chasing her dream of writing and ready to be a ‘Published Author’ soon.
Before deciding to be a writer, she had been a known book reviewer; she still is, but responsibilities towards her own book made her less active. After reading and reviewing a lot of books, she realized her solitude, and her first fiction novel, ‘One in a Million’ is ready to release on 19th January,2013.
Harshita has written articles for InewsIndia and had been an intern in Ishtiya.com. She also contributes as a guest blogger on Health and beauty at purplle.com and Few unnecessary stuff.  She also maintains two personal blogs DreamsV/s Reality and Relationship Vows(Woes) which holds a lot of her thoughts on various topics.
You can contact her via facebook or twitter 
You can follow her book’s official fanpage for latest updates. 


Let us read her diary and find out, "Are We Connected?"
***
Dear Diary.
You have always been my soul mate. I turn to you each time I am hurt or I am too happy. I know I am not regular but I do tend to jot down my thoughts that affect me deeply. Sometimes life becomes so confusing and complicated. There are times when one needs to choose between love and friendship. But there comes a moment when someone tries to force you in a relation. Then what do you do?
Something similar happened to a very close friend of mine. He was forced into a relation, tortured emotionally by a girl... a girl who called me her closest friend. Today I think the biggest mistake in my life was making them meet each other. But then there is another aspect to the same thing. If I wouldn't have made them meet each other, I wouldn't have come to know about the mask she donned in front of me. I always took her to be my closest friend, I almost took her as my little sister but she didn't feel the same about me. She took me as a ladder to success. She was a typical small town girl who took shelter in a bold girl like me. She learnt the ways of the city through me only to cut my own chord.
Firstly, she began to harass him to get into a relation. The boy didn't tell me all this because he thought it would create a rift in my relationship with my friend. She kept on blackmailing him emotionally. He being a kind hearted fellow didn't want to spoil her life and gave her company while she feigned of loneliness. I was kept unaware of all this. She even threatened him of a suicide so that he doesn't leave her. The crocodile tears worked on him. She tried to buy him for her own desires.
And not only this, she tried to separate us, she tried to murder our friendship. In fact I almost lost communication with him. When I came to know about the curry that had been cooking between them I got flared up. I was mad at both of them. She feigned innocence again but I wasn't going to get into her words because by then, I had realized that she wasn't what she tried to be. But I didn't speak out much; I just stopped talking to both of them.
Few days back when I was coming back from home, this guy called me up saying he would meet me at the airport. i rudely declined his offer saying that I didn't need his help, I was accustomed to coming alone. In the past couple of years, I always had him to see me off at the airport. And every time I came back, I saw him waiting for me. This was our friendship but all this had vanished long time back. I was angry at him but by now he had realized that he had committed a big mistake. As expected, he was there at the airport. Before dropping me off to my place, we had lunch together, something we always did when I came back from home. We roamed about at C.P. and discussed out the misunderstandings that had crept in our friendship. I was closed to tears during the discussions but I was happy. I had my friend back; I had all the sweet memories connected with him back with me. Few days back, all those memories would make me angry or sad but now they were back to making me laugh.
We planned out for a movie the next day and obviously the stupid girl made a big hullabaloo over it. She called me a selfish slut but we laughed it off because we had each other's friendship and that's all we needed for now. Two days later, he broke all ties with her. This girl came back to me saying that he ditched her and used her. I didn't fall for her tears that I had been falling for since the past 3.5 years. I didn't have to 
because I had all the proofs in front of me, I had seen every conversation between them in his cell phone. I had seen the mails she had sent him, their chats and every detail that spoke ill words for me.
I finally got to know who my real friend was and that's what mattered the most. The only thing that hurt was living with a bitch for 3.5 years who gave a damn to my true friendship. But every incident and every person attached to it teaches us a lesson in life. She taught me the true value of friendship. She made me realize something I had forgotten. I had skipped talking to my best friend, I had skipped messaging him, I had skipped receiving his calls. There were times he would come down to my hostel but I wouldn't receive his call. He had been going through a break up and I forgot everything. I forgot that he needed me. I was up to something very important in my life. And you know what that was; it was ‘writing my book’. I had gone into isolation when I was writing my book, I trying to make my dreams come true. But this book made me realize what friendship is. Friendship is never leaving your friend’s side even if it means letting go off your dream. If you have the caliber, you will achieve it someday but a true friend lost can never be regained.
Signing off for today...


****
Posted  with permission from Author.
Protected under CCA 3.0 and Global IP rights. 

AnSh :)


Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: What Young India Wants (Chetan Bhagat))

Are We Connected: Diary pages #3: Preeti Singh

Book Review: A Maverick Heart: Between Love And Life (Ravindra Shukla)